Education Research Interests Teaching Publications Proposed projects Courses Schedule Students Awards Other links
D.Sc. (in Tech.) degree in Telecommunication Engineering
Research Topic: Interference Mitigation Using Group Decoding in Multi-antenna Systems
Adviser: Professor Mohammed Elmusrati, University of Vaasa, Vaasa, Finland; 2014.
Professional degree in Electrical Engineering
Research Topic: Group Decoding
Adviser: Professor Xiaodong Wang, Columbia University in The City of New York, New York, NY, USA; 01/2010-05/2012.
Master’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Thesis Topic: Hybrid Adaptive Beamforming Techniques for Mobile Cellular Systems
Adviser: Professor Bashir El-Jabu
Higher Institute of Industry, Misurata, Libya 04/2004-08/2007
Bachelor degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Thesis Topic: Horn and Parabolic Antenna Design
Adviser: Professor Bashir El-Jabu
Academy of Aero Studies and Science, Misurata, Libya 11/1997-09/2001
Training Course: Electrical Engineering Principles and Power Systems Equipment at TQ Education and Training Ltd., Nottingham, United Kingdom and Misurata University, March 2003.
- Interference Mitigation Techniques.
- Massive MIMO.
- Millimeter-wave Communication.
Antenna and Wave Propagation
Optical Fibers Communications
Signals and Systems
Communication Systems: Simulation and Modeling, Computer Lab.
Communication Theory I
Computer Application and design Laboratory
Electromagnetic Fields I
Electrical Measurements and Instrumentation
- Abu-Ella, O. and Elmusrati, M., Trends for Interference Mitigation in Multi- antenna Wireless Systems, accepted for publication in:Handbook of Research on Next Generation Mobile Communication Systems, IGI Global.
- Omar Abu-Ella and Bashir El-Jabu, Adaptive Beamforming Algorithm Using a Pre-filtering System, Aerospace Technologies Advancements, Book edited by: Thawar T. Arif, ISBN: 978-953-7619-96-1, Publisher: InTech, Publishing date: January 2010.
- Ahmed Aljerrai; Ismail Ehtibah; Abu-Ella, O.A., Interference Alignment for Multi-User MIMO Systems (in Arabic), submitted to Almadar Journal for Com- munications, Information Technology, and Applications.
- Abu-Ella, A.; Elmusrati, M., Resent Techniques to Cancel and Mitigate Inter- ference in Wireless Communication Systems. (in Arabic), submitted to Almadar Journal for Communications, Information Technology, and Applications.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Tight Capacity Approximation of 3-User Sys- tem using Large-Scale MIMO Optimal Successive Group Submitted to: IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Performance of the Optimal Successive Group Decoding with Imperfect Channel Estimation. Submitted to: Antennas and Wire- less Propagation Letters, IEEE.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Interference Mitigation Using Optimal Succes- sive Group Decoding for Interference Channels. Almadar Journal for Communi- cations, Information Technology, and Applications. July 2014, 1:1, pp. 37-54.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Wang, , Large-scale multiple-inputmultiple-output transceiver system,, IET Communications, Vol. 7, Issue 5, 26 March 2013, pp. 471-479, doi: 10.1049/iet-com.2012.0471.
- Gong, C.; Abu-Ella, O.A.; Wang, ; Tajer, A., Constrained Group Decoder for Interference Channels, Journal of Communications, Vol. 7, No. 5 (2012), pp. 382-390, May 2012, doi:10.4304/jcm.7.5.382-390.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; El-Jabu, B., Increasing capacity of blind mobile system using pre-filtering technique, Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, IET , 2, No. 5, pp. 459-465, August 2008.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Capacity Approximation of Massive MIMO with Optimal Successive Group Decoding 2014 Eighth International Conference on Next Generation Mobile Applications, Services and Technologies. University of Oxford, Oxford, UK. Sep 2014, pp. 254-259.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Optimal Successive Group Decoding to Miti- gate Interference in Wireless Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems (DCOSS), 2014 IEEE International Conference on. Marina Del Rey, CA, USA. May 2014, pp. 322-326.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Elmusrati, M., Partial Constrained Group Decoding: A New Interference Mitigation Technique for the Next Generation Networks. New Tech- nologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 2014 6th International Conference on. Zayed University, Dubai, UAE. March 2014, pp. 1-5.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; Wang, , Interference Mitigation via Constrained Partial Group Decoding for Uplink Multicell MIMO Systems, ICECE 2013: International Conference on Electronics and Communication Engineering, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, Issue 78, 20-21 June 2013 Istanbul, pp. 1810-1813.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; El-Jabu, B., Optimal Robust Adaptive LMS Algorithm without Adaptation Step-Size, Millimeter Waves, 2008, GSMM 2008, Global Symposium on, 249-251, 21-24 April 2008.
- El-Jabu, B.A.; Srar, J.A.; Abu-Ella, O.A., Beamforming in Tight Specifica- tions Environment using Generalized Minimum Mean Error (GMME) Algorithm, Aerospace Conference, 2007 IEEE , pp. 1-7, 3 – 10 March 2007.
- Srar, J.A.; Abu-Ella, O.A.; El-Jabu, B.A., Beamforming in Tight Specifications Environment, Aerospace Conference, 2007 IEEE, 1-6, 3-10 March 2007.
- Abu-Ella, O.A.; El-Jabu, B.A., Performance Improvement of Blind Adaptive Beamforming Algorithms Using Pre-filtering Technique, Aerospace Conference, 2007 IEEE, 1-4, 3-10 March 2007.
- Jebril Eljaroshi; Abu-Ella, O.A., The Technological Cities and their Importance for Creation of the Scientific and Technological Community (in Arabic), Technical Cities Symposium, The National Office of Research and Development, Tripoli, Libya, 6-7 October 2003.
Interference Alignment for Multi-User MIMO Systems
Massive MIMO for millimeter-wave Communications
Random Beamforming for Massive MIMO Systems
Air Defense Radar System Modernization
Implementing Aero surveillance camera
Majd Al-Islam El-Emami
In 2005, he has been honored for his contribution with other colleagues to institute the College of Engineering at Misurata University.
Ranked first in his class for academic years of: 1999/2000, 2000/2001.
Scholarship of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientificc Research, Libya, 2007.